LRO: Gear Calculator Application

From: Tim Czajka (timczajka@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 16:46:43 EDT

    With the recent interest in gear ratios and tire sizes -
    I have placed my gear calculator application back out on
    the web. This calculator produces RPM tables based on
    tire size and MPH. The user inputs transmission, transfer
    case, differential, and/or overdrive gears - either manually
    or from those listed. Then an RPM table is spit out for
    each final drive ratio. So with a typical four speed tranny
    and two speed transfer case - eight tables will be generated.
    One table for each final drive.

    I have found this application useful for determining how
    tire size changes will impact RPM. Just slide across the
    X axis to see how tire size bumps the RPM for a selected
    road speed. Sorry - only MPH road speed at this time.

    I do need some assistance though - I can't find my book
    listing the Series II, IIA, and III transmission gears.
    I would like to add these to my application - anyone have
    these numbers handy? I can't find them on the web.

    One note. This application is calculation intensive -
    depending on your processor speed it could take a few
    seconds to calculate the tables. Microsoft in it's
    infinite wisdom has a message box that sometimes pops
    up claiming the application has stalled. It's wrong -
    just click continue. Netscape does not have this
    issue.

    Here is the link to the gear calculator:

    www16.brinkster.com/indio2/rpmtablecalc.html

    Tim Czajka
    1972 Series III 88