RE: LRO: Tires

From: Robert A. Virzi (bob.virzi@verizon.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 15:17:09 EDT

    >The Track-Edge uses the BFG
    >regular light truck casing as opposed to their off road tyre "armored"
    >casing.

    I've been very happy with the tracedge performance on my disco,
    except that the sidewalls are very easy to gouge on rocks. Mine have
    several nicks and cuts in the sidewalls from running low pressure
    over New England rocks. A little disconcerting, especially with the
    Firestone/Explorer stories, but 30k miles later, they still have the
    same nicks and cuts they got my first time out. -Bob

    S1 Disco, Fuggles, visible at http://people.ne.mediaone.net/raver