LRO: Re: LRO Mailing List DIGEST * * * * V1 #365

From: BSharp4601@aol.com
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 03:55:54 EDT

    > Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 13:47:12 -0400
    > From: Perrone Ford <ford_p@nettally.com>
    > Subject: Re: LRO: Re: Re: Los Angeles Times article
    >
    > <head></head>Well,
    >
    >    We are all aware how good the silverado frame is off-road.  It's
    > thePERFECT platform for the hummer wannabee.  Every GM truck commercial
    > showsyou how tough the truck is.. GIANT men, GIANT truck...
    >
    > Like a rock!
    >
    > (I wonder if it has a transfer case)

    I think it's based on the Chevy S-10 platform. The portal axles are gone on
    the H2 as well. "Wannabe" is the operative word here.

    Bob Sharp
    Tucson, AZ
    The slumbering herd on the Rover Ranch:
    52 Series I 80"
    53 Series I 80"
    60 Series II 88"
    63 Series IIa 88"
    71 Series IIa 109"
    96 Discovery Series I

    "Why is it that every project you complete on a Land Rover results in
    knowledge and skills you hope you never need to use again?"