Re: LRO: Re: corrosion issues/shipfitter

From: Zaxcoinc@aol.com
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 18:50:15 EDT

    SHARDING@SCHULTE-LAW.COM writes:

    > Nate wrote:
    > After repainting the various pieces, I
    > painted on this stuff called "Plasti-Dip" It dries to a very hard
    > rubber.
    > From what I can tell, it has prevented corrosion between the seatbox and
    > fasteners for what is now 5 years.
    >
    > [SJH] I actually have a can of this stuff sitting in my 109 right now.
    > Bought it last weekend thinking of giving it a try.
    >
    > Simon

    I generally don't re-insert the entire email, but this is different.

    Simon Harding has entered the fraternity. Let us mark the occasion with
    appropriate solemnity.

    He is admitting to storing parts in the vehicle for an unspecified aging
    period before installation. A true Rover tradition. He has chosen paint no
    less.
    I suppose he expects to need something to do while waiting at the side of the
    road. That's pretty wise for such a young Rover Owner.

    I'm glad to have him around, a guy who's "f"ing up his rover in quite the
    proper fashion.

    Zack
    "Rovers and Dogs were put on earth to teach patience" G. Poole