Re: LRO: RE: starter dog/pulley nut size?

From: Jeff Berg (jeff@purpleshark.com)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 17:48:15 EDT

    >Re: Starter dog nut removal:
    >
    >Just brace the wrench on the chassis crossmember and tap the starter
    >button. It will screw off easy as you please.

    I love this tip, it makes me laugh.... Alternate method: Try a 1/2
    impact gun. When that fails, use a 3/4 impact drive. When that fails
    replace all 3/8 hose (from big-assed compressor) with 1/2 hose. Don't
    flinch when the starter dawg sounds like a gunshot as it breaks free..

    BTDT

    jeff

    --
    ==
      Jeffrey A. Berg     Purple Shark Media        Rowayton, CT