Re: LRO: Brake Shoes

From: DaveB (rovergawd@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 10:01:35 EDT

    --- Frank Elson <frankelson@felson.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
    > I've done this... more than once I'm afraid...
    > it works fine
    > Best Cheers

    I've used previously oiled-up brake shoes after a good cleanup. No
    problems. I usually hit em with brake-kleen, then maybe some light
    sandpaper. I suspect the sandpaper is pointless. I have only had brake
    shoes runied by brake fluid. My volvo's rear wheel cylinder leaked for
    a few weeks, and the fluid actually softened up the lining to the point
    where you could scrape it a way with your fingernail.

    dave

    =====
    They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier.

    David Foster Wallace