Re: LRO: Another Impossible Thing? And Malta!

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Sun Apr 29 2001 - 10:42:50 EDT

    >According to LRE, my tyres don't fit? That's a shame, cos it LOOKS LIKE THEY
    >DO to me!!!! Strange, I think that stating point blank that 235/85's won;t
    >fit is a bit contoversial is it not?

    Could be you are thinking different driving conditions. A tyre may
    indeed fit with plenty of room for pavment driving and rub against
    something under extreme articulation.

    I don't know about them funny coiler suspensions but when leafrts
    articulate the top of the tyre swings outwards on downward articulation
    and inwords during upper articulation. You need plenty of side top side
    space inside the wings.

    Also series rear suspensions dance around a lot. The tyres go forwards
    and rearwards as well as tipping innwards and outwards and sometimes one
    side will get a little ahead of the other.

    On the other hand a SUV fully outfitted for Mall Terrain can afford
    larger flashier tyres because they do not undergo extream articulation.

    What fits depends upon where and how you drive.

    TeriAnn Wakeman Marigold Ltd.
    Santa Cruz, California Web design, site updating, testing
    webmaster@overlander.net search engine optimization, graphics
                                  and more

    http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html