Re: LRO: Steering wheel centering

From: Tate Crumbley (tcrumbley@cambridge.com)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 11:26:31 EDT

    The drag link is the pipe between the steering box and the axle. Loosen the
    two nuts in the clamps at either end, drive it in a level, straight area a
    little bit (until you know the wheels are centered, straight ahead) and
    then rotate the drag link until the steering wheel is centered (it
    shouldn't take much here, probably less than a full turn). A pipe wrench
    works well here, if it's rusted at all. It helps to have a helper for this
    part. Tighten up the two nuts/bolts, and off you go. Doesn't take long if
    the two nuts on the drag link haven't rusted up. If they have, allot
    yourself some wd-40 (or something stronger) for the job.

    Even the alignment on a disco isn't bad: there's only one adjustment,
    toe-in, which is pretty easy to check/adjust yourself, too.

    Yours,
    Tate