LRO: Good news on the Leaf Swap

From: RON WARD (ronward@synovustrust.com)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 09:28:32 EDT

    A contractor was at my house last night preparing our kitchen floor for removal and replacement. We got to talking about the British lump in my garage and he says "I have a 15,000 square foot warehouse with every imaginable air tool and welder you can imagine...you can use it anytime." That's all he had to say!

    So I was surveying the leaf springs, shackle and frame bolts on the IIa after he left and just for the heck of it put the ½ inch drive wrench to the nuts and bolts in the frame and hangers and with my body weight, I got all 8 to come loose! At least I know I can remove the bolts without cutting. The bushings look cracked and shot so that may be problem, but for now I can save $ on a compressor!

    RW