LRO: another engine GRRRRR!!!

From: Jim Hall (jimfoo@qwest.net)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 20:18:52 EDT

    Now I know why my rover ran so good. My block, which was bought from
    Rovers North in 1989, I would assume as reconditioned, has .060 over
    pistons!!! Assholes!! How is somebody supposed to rebuild such an
    engine.
    I don't imagine they can be bored to .080. At least it doesn't have much
    of a ridge, but I currently can't find .060 over rings. Guess it's time
    to think about what conversion I want to do next time. I'm afraid to
    check the bearings and see what size they are.

    --
    Jim Hall
    1966 88" Elephant Chaser