LRO: Re: Range Rover questions

From: Faure, Marin (Marin.Faure@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 17:45:02 EDT

    In a previous post, I was not at all complimentary about the
    Range Rover 4.2 LWB. While there may be some of you
    who take issue with my statements about that model, I do
    want to say that my comments were not based on personal
    experience with the vehicle, as I've not had any. The comments
    I made were based on the service records of the local dealership
    shop, and the opinions of the mechanics who work
    on these vehicles. They were also based on the opinions and
    experiences of a good friend who owns a commercial vehicle hire
    company in the UK near Manchester, and who has had Range
    Rovers and Land Rovers in his fleet for decades. If there's
    anyone who can attest to the strengths and weakness of a vehicle,
    it's the folks who work on them for a living.
    C. Marin Faure
      (original owner)
      1973 Land Rover Series III-88
      1991 Range Rover Vogue SE