Re: LRO: plexiglass/clear plastic cleaner

From: Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus (Alan_Richer@Lotus.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 07:43:18 EDT

    Thanks Mark but it is a globe. Or semi-globe really, so I can't go out and
    get a sheet to replace it. Looks like it's time for a new compass :-(

    Thanks anyway.

    Niall Forbes

    Before you heave it out, I've had a lot of luck on things like this with a
    polishing mop on a drill, charged with jeweler's abrasive polish of a fine
    grade.

    Typically I start out with alumina then switch to rouge for the final
    polish. It's a bit of a risk so don't try this on something you care about,
    but I've done it to more than one clear plastic item with good results.

    If you want a gentler test of the concept use automotive buffing
    compound...

                             ajr