LRO: RE: Re: Air Travel

From: Vel & Maryanne Natarajan (velnma@home.com)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 19:40:28 EDT

    Marin,

    Thanks for the info. But how about the environment of the baggage
    compartment?

    I've flown w/ my dog (United & AA) from ORD to SEA, and to other cities
    (BUF/PDX). He's not a breed easily affected by cold, so that's not a worry,
    but he doesn't like too much heat. I am still concerned about the
    conditions though.

    As to his treatment by the baggage handlers, I get pretty nervous about
    this, but tip the skycaps a tenner. I also write a note on the crate w/ his
    name, and other info saying he's friendly, and likes treats. I duct-tape a
    sandwich bag of treats to the side and they're usually gone by then. -- and
    I do a lot of praying.)

    He seems to be OK after the flights, but I still wonder...

    Vel Natarajan
    '65 SWB SW