LRO: Re: Air Travel

From: Tim Czajka (timczajka@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 17:37:47 EDT

    Lee Jones wrote:
    >... have them put it in the baggage compartment by hand as the last item
    >and she would collect it as she exited
    >the plane as the first item off the plane.

    Thanks - I will have to ask about that option. Although
    technically it's not good to have a wood instrument exposed
    to temperature extremes. But the flight is only two hours and
    the case reasonably well insulated. I assume the luggage
    area of the plane is not climate controlled - not sure how
    cold it gets up there.

    I guess I could book a red-eye flight and bring the
    guitar to the gate hoping there are some empty seats for
    the instrument. If not then I could follow your suggestion
    and have them put it in luggage right there. Then
    jump off real quick to collect it.

    Tim Czajka
    1972 Series III 88