Re: LRO: Fairey overdrive oil fill

From: Jim Hall (jimfoo@qwest.net)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 15:33:47 EDT

    Since the level of the dipstick is the same in a fairey and a toro, and
    since the internals are the same size, one would think they would need
    the same oil level. Comparing the fairey dipstick to the toro dipstick,
    the top of the notch and the line are at the same level if the fairey
    plug is not screwed in, otherwise it is at the toro's low mark. These
    are just observations, you should draw your own conclusions. Mine is
    that I would rather overfill than underfill an overdrive, especially at
    today's prices. Even if the manual states otherwise.