LRO: Delco Alternator

From: Easton Trevor A (trevor_easton@dofasco.ca)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 12:03:59 EDT

    Miss Golightly was bastardized last night with a Delco Alternator so it's
    goodbye to those concours prizes :-)

    Drove her to the office today as a special treat (And to be sure all worked
    well for this weekends Auto Flea Market at Ancaster Fairground)

    Thanks AJR for the information on the OVLR site. Followed your installation
    and it was a breeze. Just one change, I decided it was better to relieve the
    mounting bracket for the necessary clearance rather than weaken the
    alternator casting by cutting away the flange.

    BTW the alternator was a two pulley unit from the wreckers at $35 Can.
    Vehicle of origin-who knows, it came from a large pile of GM alternators and
    included a warranty. (If it don't work, we'll exchange it)

    I can fit a power steering pump using the spare pulley!!
    Then all I'll need is a power steering box.