Re: LRO: re: EMD locos **no rover content ***

From: Ivan Van Laningham (ivanlan@pauahtun.org)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 11:25:28 EDT

    Hi All--

    Chris Oles wrote:

    > Ivan,
    >
    > I used to work out at EMD and a few friends still do. I was amazed at the
    > number of "rail fans" (fanatics) around. I still stop and wonder at the
    > brute size and strength of those locomotives and often still try and
    > identify the different offerings from the 2 main competing diesel-electric
    > manufacturers. Thanks for taking me down memory lane!

    <g> I remember when there were *three* major builders. And I went to
    EMDs 50th Anniversary party in LaGrange. I still have pictures from
    that event. I'll post them when I get around to scanning them.

    I've even got shots of a shortline running Fairbanks-Morse down in
    Southern Indiana. Now, *there* was an engine to die for;-)

    <put-a-submarine-engine-in-a-landy>-ly y'rs,
    Ivan;-)
    Ivan Van Laningham
    Symantec
    http://www.pauahtun.org