LRO: re: EMD locos **no rover content ***

From: Chris Oles (chris_oles@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 14:45:00 EDT

    Ivan,

    I used to work out at EMD and a few friends still do. I was amazed at the
    number of "rail fans" (fanatics) around. I still stop and wonder at the
    brute size and strength of those locomotives and often still try and
    identify the different offerings from the 2 main competing diesel-electric
    manufacturers. Thanks for taking me down memory lane!

    Chris
    70 SIIa 88

    "And then there was "Christine," an Alco DL-109, a diesel locomotive
    styled by Raymond Loewy, owned by Rock Island (number 621) and repowered
    by EMD. EMD is ElectroMotive Division, General Motors. The DL-109
    http://exotic.railfan.net/alcodl109.htm is one of the *classic*
    locomotives; "