Re: LRO: RE: result of the polarity switch

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 09:43:21 EDT

    >I think the best thing for me to do is to continue bodging away with the
    >help of my five drunken monkeys and just never sell the damn thing.

    I have a friend who owns a 289 AC Cobra. He is the second owner and the
    car was just a few years old when he bought it.

    He tells people he is his own dreaded previous owner. He had no idea he
    was going to keep the car so long and that it was ever going to be worth
    anything.

    He keeps running across those bodges he did 20 plus years ago and forgot
    about. I occasionally do the same with The Green Rover. I can't help
    but wonder what was going through my head at the time.

    Morals to the story; don't settle for bodges because if you keep the LR
    they will come back and haunt you and document your wiring.

    There have been a number of times I have saved lots of hours making
    repairs or additional electrical modifications to The Green Rover because
    I do two things: I keep current wiring diagrams of the whole car the way
    it really is and I buy the striped wire and maintain the Lucas wire
    colour code.

    My second car came to me after an engine fire. I rewired it completely
    in a single coloured wire. When I went to test everything out became
    fully aware of the extent of my folly. But I got such a deal on this
    roll of wire with this nifty Teflon insulation.

    Famous last words "But it seemed like such a good idea at the time!"

    TeriAnn Wakeman Marigold Ltd.
    Santa Cruz, California Web design, site updating, testing
    webmaster@overlander.net search engine optimization, graphics
                                  and more

    http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html