RE: LRO: Air Compressors

From: Easton Trevor A (trevor_easton@dofasco.ca)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 09:41:15 EDT

            [Easton Trevor A] TeriAnn wrote
    > It is with mine. And it is pretty much alone on a 15 amp circuit. If it
    > automatically turns off I need to rush to the compressor and turn it's
    > switch off. If the compressor tries to start with more than about 7
    > pounds pressure in the tank it will trip the 15 amp breaker.
            [Easton Trevor A] A couple of options.
            Put it on a separate circuit with a slow blow fuse that will
    accommodate the starting current.
            Fit a 3 Way valve between the compressor and the tank to unload the
    compressor for starting. It starts with pressure port open to atmosphere and
    then sitches to tank when the motor has spun up to speed.