LRO: Fairey overdrive oil fill

From: Brad Crittenden (bac@spoetzl.net)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 07:00:02 EDT

    Hello:

    Can someone explain the procedure for topping off a Fairey Overdrive? I've
    located the filler plug with the little dipstick attached. There is a
    single notch towards the bottom.

    Q) What does the notch indicate: high or low level?
    Q) Do you check after threading the plug all the way in or simply at rest
    atop the hole?

    Seems pretty basic but I'm confused. A quick search via Google showed
    others confused over the years but no answers. Also, neither the Haynes
    manual nor the Land Rover manual explain it.

    Thanks,

    Brad
    '75 Series III