Re: LRO: RE: result of the polarity switch

From: Ivan Van Laningham (ivanlan@pauahtun.org)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 00:59:10 EDT

    Hi All--

    Keith Tanner wrote:

    > I once looked at a Jaguar XJ6 that had a Chevy V8 under the hood. The
    > heater was controlled with a tap from an exterior faucet like you'd see on
    > a garden hose.

    And then there was "Christine," an Alco DL-109, a diesel locomotive
    styled by Raymond Loewy, owned by Rock Island (number 621) and repowered
    by EMD. EMD is ElectroMotive Division, General Motors. The DL-109
    http://exotic.railfan.net/alcodl109.htm is one of the *classic*
    locomotives; an XJ6 is a nice-looking car, but really, it's not in the
    same class. Um, think Bugatti. Or Bugatti crossed with Duesenberg.

    After the operation, you would have thought those boys had got likkered
    up in order to work on her. ...

    <she's-real-fine-my-109>-ly y'rs,
    Ivan;-)

    PS: Someday I'll tell you about my friend Barney the Pervert's cars.

    > Keith
    >
    > 19/04/2001 -0700, you wrote:
    > >F*&! the future owner! Did the PO do you any favors.....NO! Consider it
    > >your duty to:
    > >
    > >a. Do modifications in such a manner as to give the impression you and 5
    > >monkeys got liquored up and took blunt instruments to the truck.

    Ivan Van Laningham
    Symantec
    http://www.pauahtun.org/
    Army Signal Corps: Cu Chi, Class of '70