Re: LRO: Air Compressors

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 14:53:23 EDT

    On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, RON WARD wrote:

    :I'd planned to run 220 out to my garage if necessary. Right now I run
    :a 'frig, and some lights off the residential 110v service from the
    :house. I suppose a compressor, even wimpy, would draw enough on the
    :110v to throw a breaker inside the house. Is this true?

    Well, a real horsepower is 750W, so about 6.25 A on 120. So somewhere
    around 3Hp to blow a 20 amp breaker.

    David

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com