LRO: Re: OD nut tool

From: SFmms@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 02:37:04 EDT

    David Wallace writes:

    > There was someone on the list who made some a few years ago too, and posted
    > a CAD drawing also I believe.

    It was me. The drawing was originally from Kelly Minnick and I changed it a
    bit to mate with a hex socket, have a slip fit on the shaft and tolerances to
    cope with the variations I measured in off the shelf castellated nuts. I
    didn't make them, rather I had a machinist make them and he still sells them
    at close to cost. I got to keep the prototype for my trouble. A mechanic I
    know has even used his with a compressed air tool and it is still holding up
    (though not necessarily recommended).

    Karen Sindir
    '74 SIII 88 Red Rufy
    '66 SIIa 88 Barbaros