Re-LRO: Diff housings leaks

From: Mike Rogers (MikeRogers@Mattishall.org.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 15:14:02 EDT

    >>>Well I destroyed the rear diff. today because the rear cover Rusted
    through and I didn't catch it in time What else have others done?<<<

    I cured this problem simply by welding up the rust holes, with a lump of
    brass held to the other side to minimise burn through, a grind off
    afterwards and with a coat of paint the repair has lasted 8 years.

    Mike Rogers
    Lightweight/Range Rover hybrid
    Transferboxleverless 110 project
    (if you can't get there in a Land Rover you can't get there)