Re: LRO: special tool

From: Jean-Leon Morin (offroaddesign@softhome.net)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 15:03:39 EDT

    Perhaps the rovers north tool is indeed accurate.

    Goodentite Von Reefonitt sez:

    "Think of it. The lever is a little shorter than a foot ,but not by much.
    Think of the typical rover owner lying under a rover, pulling down on the
    lever, lifting his or her weight. I suppose a 200 lb person exerting a lot
    of force on the tool, effectively lifting their upper body with the strength
    of their arms, would be able to exert a pull in tension of about 100 to 150
    lbs, which, given the shorter than one foot bar, would work out to pretty
    close to 100 ft lbs. "

    No proof of this being in the original design, or that my figures are
    anywhere close to accurate, but I think Mr Reefonitt might be onto
    something. Torque wrenches? Who needs em ;-)

    Jean-Leon Morin
    AKA "Dr. Detroit"
    AKA "Goodentite Reefonitt"

    Valdez - 1966 IIA 109 freak