LRO: 6.2 diesels

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 07:51:25 EDT

    > You guys need to contact Brian Cotton (brian@landyonline.co.za I think),
    > he has a really nifty GMC 6.2 diesel in a rangie.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Paul Oxley
    > AfricanAdrenalin.com

    Samuri in the UK has been doing them for years.
    I have a couple of friends that are heavy into DRMO auctions and have
    already told me to just let them know when I nned the vehicle. Going price
    on the vehicle from the auction is $500. They usually have under 50k miles
    on em. A year ago a friend in VA picked one up with only 13k miles.
    Some people would caution against buying avehicle that has been driving hard
    by an 18yo who knows he doesn't have to fix what's broken, but my experiance
    has always been that the Army does a darn good job maintaining it's
    vehicles. If something breaks, it get replaced, not repaired. Scheduled
    maintenance is done on a routine basis. Since I would be taking all the
    bit's out of the doner for the swap I would go ahead and have everything
    rebuilt, but I am so far ahead in the cost department no biggy.
    Pete