Re: LRO: Re: 300TDI (ridiculous) prices?

From: Paul Oxley (paul@adventures.co.za)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 17:12:47 EDT

    Hope Peter wrote:
    > A 300tdi seems to go for around 2000lbs UK. Around
    > 2900$ US at current rates. Add in shipping and it still seems like an
    > awfull lot of money for an engine.

    Ahem! I didn't want to throw this in the mix (we had a 9 month flamefest
    on the za-lro about it), but perhaps you should be aware that the engine
    in question is becoming known as the "TDie". Read some of the reports on
    http://landyonline.co.za/issues/tdi_longevity.htm before you even
    consider this engine.

    Regards

    Paul (there, I feel better now) Oxley