Re: LRO: Re: Steering "clunk"

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 01:20:58 EDT

    On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Macka wrote:

    :Gudday lads,
    :
    :Was driving the SIIA SWB today and noticed it has develoed some sort of
    :clunking sound in the steering. It seems to only occur when cornering at
    :speed.... I have jacked the truck up and pulled the wheels from the bottom
    :and the sides, no play in either, so I got the Missus to swing the steering
    :wheel from side to side but it makes no noise at all when there is no load
    :on the components....
    :
    :Does anyone know what this could be???? How hard is the fix??

    check all your ball joints for play, the steering relay is tight in the
    frame, and the steering box is attached firmly to the bulkhead.
    Then check your springs.

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.