LRO: Re: Steering "clunk"

From: Macka (macka.andy@clear.net.nz)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 01:07:18 EDT

    Gudday lads,

    Was driving the SIIA SWB today and noticed it has develoed some sort of
    clunking sound in the steering. It seems to only occur when cornering at
    speed.... I have jacked the truck up and pulled the wheels from the bottom
    and the sides, no play in either, so I got the Missus to swing the steering
    wheel from side to side but it makes no noise at all when there is no load
    on the components....

    Does anyone know what this could be???? How hard is the fix??

    Best cheers,

    Andrew "Macka" MacGowan
    New Zealand Landrover Owners Club Moderator
    R.E.M.L.R Member 115

    1952 Series I 80" ex NZ Army !!!FOR SALE!!!
    1971 Series IIA 88" "Skippy" Ex NZ Army
    1972 Series IIA 109 Ex NZ Red Cross !!!FOR SALE!!!