Re: LRO: Bosch alternator for SIIa?

From: Keith Tanner (keith@miata.net)
Date: Sat Apr 14 2001 - 23:09:59 EDT

    >Use the GM. You want the 10si with double pulley, as used in millions
    >of of v-8 rear-wheel drive cars. Get one for a 75 olds 88.

    A related question then - the directions on the OVLR site mentions a 1970
    Nova alternator. The one I got from Canadian Tire has a single pulley - but
    my generator is only using one pulley anyhow (the inner one). Is the other
    used for anything? Should I exchange this alternator for the 75 Olds
    version or is there no difference?

    I'm thinking this job will be easier than troubleshooting my (non-charging)
    charging system and will have the benefit of upgrading my truck :)

    Keith Tanner and Basil