Re: LRO: People's Republic....

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Sat Apr 14 2001 - 21:51:02 EDT

    On Sat, 14 Apr 2001, Jim Hall wrote:

    :Because they don't want you getting ahead of them. This is the me first,
    :screw you country any more. I heard that someone did some research which
    :showed that people pulling out of a parking space took more time to
    :leave when someone was waiting for it. Go figure.
    :

    Of course, there are tossers who will wait for a parking space, even if
    there's one twenty feet away. I had something like that happen to me the
    other day. I went to fetch something out of my car. Someone cruising
    looking for the closest space saw me get in, and waited. And waited. For
    about five minutes, until I found the thing I was trying to find in the
    glove box, and got out. They gave me a dirty look, like I'd wasted their
    time or something.

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.