Re: LRO: leather series steering wheel covers...

From: William J. Rice (jarvis64@juno.com)
Date: Sat Apr 14 2001 - 11:44:35 EDT

    > ray -- trying to head off the black hands...

    Ray,
    I bought a leather cover at the local chain auto parts store years ago.
    I think it was for 16". I had to soak it and then put it on, but it then
    worked beautifully for years. Once it died I liked the wheel itself
    (sans cover) so much that I decided to repair it. Some JB Weld,
    sandpaper, and several coats of appliance enamel (epoxy I think) and LOTS
    of time to dry (first time I drove it too soon and ended up w/ my
    fingerprints in the paint that NEVER cured right) and she's still looking
    good months later.

    Bill