Re: LRO: People's Republic....

From: Jeff Bieler (mrbieler@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 17:00:48 EDT

    Now that I am in Los Angeles, I have learned the most effective way to change
    lanes is a "head fake". If you look in a direction, others will assume that is
    where you are going and will speed up or slow down to prevent your lane change.
    Instead, look longingly to one side twice to fool other drivers and quickly look
    where you WANT to go and turn the wheel. I have also learned just to close my
    eyes and go for it.

    But no matter where I go or what I see, I will always reflect back to the time I
    saw a women in the #2 lane of the 805 Freeway in San Diego driving North just
    past Mission Valley in a Brown 1978 Cutless Supreme driving at 65MPH riding on
    the right front rotor. No tire. No wheel. Just the rotor. Sparks flying back
    25~30 feet. Not a cop in site. Light traffic. And she didn't look like she had
    a care in the world. Just tooling along doing the speed limit. I think of that
    and all the other idiotic things I see seem to pale just a little.

    I love California. It's like watching Cops 24 hours a day. Instant ego boost.
    When even I feel low or blue or think I just colossally screwed up, I look around
    me and I realize my life isn't nearly that f**ked after all. I just think, "Hey,
    at least I'm not on Cops!"

    Jeff