Re: LRO: LRO Enthusiast Magazine or...

From: Todd Ondick (greylildogs@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 00:10:55 EDT

    LRE is pretty much allright. lacks photo-heavy format of other LR mags but
    seems (after 3 issues) to be pretty much the same in other respects. for
    example, it too has the odd (to me at least) feature articles on vehicles,
    telling all about how special they are and then listing that they are for
    sale w/ the owner's telephone #. Or the advertisments disguised as articles
    about a retailer and what they have for sale this month... not bad, just a
    bit strange. Yes, there are loads of regular ads as well. The stories and
    tech articles seem just as good as the others. Like I said, same stuff,
    fewer pictures. I personally prefer LROI, but I can get that at the
    newstand (read: not buy the lame i$$ue$). Can't say the same for LRE, hence
    the subscription. If you want radically different from what you've shunned
    in the past, this ain't it.

    -todd