LRO: Re: Peace and Love

From: Alex Maiolo (Rovernut@nc.rr.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 23:41:58 EDT

    I have tried to avoid getting into the middle of this kind of stuff, but
    nicely done, Bill.
    I thought your Sweish Chef post was funny, albeit off-topic, and a brilliant
    way to soften the tensions that have been growing as of late.
    It wasn't taken that way, and I guess that's fine too, because perception is
    9/10ths reality.

    However, whereas most folks on this list, myself probably included, would
    have gotten into a huff and taken the "ease up, pally!" approach to the
    retort, you handled it like a true gentleman and ended it. I was expecting a
    very public flame war.

    I suppose I should have just been silently impressed, but something urged me
    to publically congratulate you on your decency and understanding.

    The steak knives are in the mail...

    Alex Maiolo
    Chapel Hill NC