LRO: Re: TO: Frank E./other UK listers...Ballykissangel

From: Frank Elson (frankelson@felson.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 14:45:24 EDT

    Hi John,
     yes we've been watching the new series of BallyK - complete with Australian
    priest who drives a Ford Granada Ghia Coupe.

    It is definitely the last series tho' - so they say but there's been quite a
    campaign going to keep it so who knows?

    My opinion only, it's gone back to being as good as the first series. Of
    course we all miss Tony Doyle who died last year.

    I've had a personal mail in with Marin - we often discuss television off
    list - but I'd appreciate anyone's views on the very first of the series. I
    won't say why until you've seen it.

    Biggest bummer is Peak Practice which I understand you lot didn't get after
    the first series. In a later series a young doctor came in driving a Ser3.
    The UK Ser3 Club sent him a sticker at my suggestion and the vehicle wore it
    in later programmes. Don't ask what happened to the character (and vehicle)
    but the actor now owns his own Land Rover!

    We have a cable channel here called BBC Knowledge - all history and
    architecture programmes. One day this week I watched a programme about
    tracing a family after building work found a grave - the presenter drove a
    ragtop Ninety. The next programme was about the Martello Towers built to
    resist a Napoleonic invasion - the presenter drove a hardtop Ninety. The
    next programme was about the Industrial Revolution - the presenter drove a
    110... They were all oldish and therefore quite probably personal vehicles.
    Best Cheers

    Frank
         "(o)======(o)" Bronze Green 110 CSW