Re: LRO: castoral brake fluid...

From: Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus (Alan_Richer@Lotus.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 12:28:20 EDT

     is this
    still a requirement for british brake rubber or is
    that an urban myth.

    THis is NOT a myth as far as I am concerned and I ate the braking system to
    prove it.

    It was when I first owned Mr. C - had done all new seals and the like and
    flushed it with Pyroil DOT4 fluid. A week later I was doing it all again as
    the DOT 4 fluid had eaten my braking system.

    Never, never, never again will I put anything other than GT-LMA in my
    trucks.

                             ajr