Re: LRO: MB-LR Adapter and cranks

From: Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus (Alan_Richer@Lotus.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 12:12:46 EDT

    I am going to try to figure out a way to weld the bits of a starter dog
    onto
    the front pulley of the MB.

    Simple enough - if the damn thing uses a central nut (and most do as well
    as pulley bolts) then take a starter dog, mill off the old bolt and drill
    and thread it for a bit of allthread or a bolt end of the right pitch. A
    bit of Loctite and Bob's your uncle...

    OR

    If the threading on the end of the crank is of a small enough size in
    comparison to the LR starter dog (which wouldn't be a big surprise) then
    just machine the threads off the stud and rethread it. As LBSC would say,
    "A kiddie's practice job..."...and well within the capabilities of Hans and
    Frantz at your machine shop either way.

    Either way, no welding involved....much better that way. Welded anything
    that is under tension alweays makes me nervous....just a personal fetish.

                        ajr