Re: LRO: DC-3

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 22:22:21 EDT

    > Greenville, Maine? Wherethefratz is THAT?
    >
    > aj"8*)"r
    Hey, my dad has a house in Greeneville, so we all have a place to stay
    during this road trip. Well it's not really a house, more of a cabin, err
    maybe a shack. And if we go in the winter, will need snowmobiles to get to
    it. Will definately need the Series to make it if no snow on the ground.
    Oh and remember to bring a can of lpg or two for the stove and the lights,
    ohh and a toilet seat. The skunks/racoons/beavers (not sure which) will eat
    one if left in the out house. A gun is a good idea also, last time i was
    there a pack of coy dogs (wild dog/coyote pack) tore up some stuff. Was a
    pretty scary night, could hear them sniffing around, trying to find a way
    in. I would say scare the crap out of yah, but that would involve trecking
    to the outhouse, not a good plan.
    Greenville itself is a hoot. Got a date? Don't waste your money on dinner
    and a movie (because that involves a 2 hour round trip drive), oh no drive
    over to the dump to watch the bears. Did I mention the gun thing yet?
    The drive to Geenville is pretty awsome. Lots of great sites and you drive
    through some of Maines less known towns, Like Letter E, Letter K, and Letter
    L. Be carefull in Letter L though, you can get easily losts, there are
    those two raods ya know. Or worse yet, get caught up some of the gangland
    warfare going on between it's 13 residents.
    You think I am kidding? Look at a map and you will see that most of
    northern Maine is broken down into the towns Letter A through Letter Z. I
    ought to dig out a picture I took of myself in Letter E a few winters ago.
    Think thats about it. Hmm, maybe I wont go after all. But you are still
    welcome to use the cabin, no lock on the door so don't need my key.
    Pete