LRO: 240D to LR adapter

From: Coates, Clinton (CCoates@golder.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 15:03:27 EDT

    Wheeee!

    I took my drawings for the 240D to LR adapter plate down to the machine
    shop. This time I managed to talk to the proprietor, Horst, instead of the
    young buck I talked to last time. He liked the drawings, but when I told
    him about my alternate plan to just have a complete new flywheel cover made
    instead, he really perked up.

    This is the more elegant solution that I had abandoned, as people who I
    thought knew, believed it would cost to much to hog out a 13" round by 1.5"
    deep hole from a billet. "Ja, I tink it vill cost about ze same, but it
    vill be much better, no extra play in ze toleranzes and a much nicer end
    result, hei?"

    Next time, I will start by talking to the expert first, not half way through
    the project...

    Clinton