LRO: Re: RE: DC 3's

From: jos de vries (J.W.J.deVries@student.tudelft.nl)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 17:48:57 EDT

    sadly dc3's do fail.
    2/3 months ago a DC3 went down in Venezuela, (very bad maintenance)
    all were killed.
    5 years a dutch dc3 went down, the highest maintenaince possible. Again all
    were killed. Was not flown for a commercial airline, but by a club,Dutch
    dacota association dedicated to flying dc3 and dc4 yet both engines failed.
    (some small but important thing, could not be discovered beforehand,
    fatigue).

    gr JOS
    member of DDA
    Delft, Holland