RE: LRO: Birthday Wish (Non-Land Rover)

From: Tackley, John (jtackley@dit.state.va.us)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 13:35:16 EDT

    Rick mentioned:

    "Given that there are several hundred it not thousands of the birds still
    working daily worldwide I don't think you have to worry too much."

    ...and most of them have to be in the Carribean...in February, when I flew
    in San Juan, PR, I counted at least a dozen DC-3s on the tarmac, with 2 or 3
    more either in TO or Landing. They are constantly overhead @ the SJ
    airport. It seems every little island is serviced by DC-3s and they are the
    mainstay of every little Carribiean airline's fleet.
    Has to be due to ease of maintenance and ease of piloting...not to mention
    that they are overbuilt like a LR.

    JT/ric