LRO: Fuel in the tank

From: Rich Williams II (richw@nwlink.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 13:26:58 EDT

    Okay, hold your laughter - I know this is a dumb question but since I have
    never had to do this before I thought I would ask first.

    What's the best way to remove the remaining fuel in the tank?

    Is it best to empty it using the drain in the bottom of the tank or siphon
    it out from above? Anyone have any experience with those "jiggle hoses"?

    There are about 8 gallons in there approximately and I was thinking of
    transfering it into some gerry cans.

    And no wise-cracks ".....a lit match will quickly burn off any unwanted
    fuel....."

    Thanks,

    Rich