Re: LRO: RE: Re: Series Fuel tanks

From: Rich Williams II (richw@nwlink.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 13:22:29 EDT

    > Yes Mark, you will need to remove the
    > breakable/bendable/costly-to-replace components from the tank prior to
    > shaking a heavy chain about in it. Chain works best. Expect a
    > thorough workout of your upper body.

    I was thinking of attaching my empty fuel (with a bit of gravel) to my
    problem child - a 2 year old Spring Spaniel named Oliver. I figure a few
    hours with him running about the dog park dragging my series fuel tank
    ought'a take care of any internal build up. With his love for water I am
    sure that he will kindly rinse the thing out in the slough too. No, he
    won't sink - trust me - you have to know this dog to understand!

    This should accomplish two things:
    1) bang the tank around enough to knock any rust or gunk off of the inside.
    2) exhaust my dog enough so that I can get at least one night's sleep -
    pleeeeeeeeze

    Rich (Sleepless in Seattle)
    '60 SII 109 SW