LRO: Re: What is LR ownership about

From: Faure, Marin (Marin.Faure@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 12:21:28 EDT

    Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:04:10 +1200
    From: "Macka" <macka.andy@clear.net.nz>
    Subject: LRO: Re: What is LR ownership about (was LR-bodied bastard)

    >Jeeez, Marin, you actually found something in ol NZ that you liked while you
    were down in our country......

    That was about the only thing, though. No, wait, the maritime museum in Auckland
    was terrific.

    >I am saddened that it was tarnished with the moronic idiotic youths you met
    tho....

    It was no worse than most of the other places we've been.

    >Guess now you'll never come back .... what a tragedy!!

    I doubt it. We've got some filming assignments in Australia
    over the next couple of years, and from everyone I've talked to
    who's been there, that's the really cool place to visit. New Zealand
    wasn't any different than being here in the northwest. You take fourteen
    hours worth of airplane rides to end up in the same kind of place you left.
    Everyone on my crew thought Auckland was no different from Seattle, only
    about 30 years back in time (which, given the current condition of Seattle
    is a really good thing for you). We drove all over the north island, and it
    was just like the Pacific Northwest only with tree ferns and sheep. Nice,
    but nothing new.
    C. Marin Faure
      (original owner)
      1973 Land Rover Series III-88