LRO: simple powder coating question

From: SJH (SHARDING@SCHULTE-LAW.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 12:18:00 EDT

            I've removed my seat bases for the middle row seats on my 109 and
    removed the seat cushions. I had planned to repaint the bases, but have
    decided to have them sandblasted, since the paint is fairly thick and
    chipped. A lot of the blasters here advertise powdercoating. Does
    powder coating tend to be brittle, or is it fairly resilient/flexible?
     Given its baked on, I'd formed the impression its brittle, but I could
    be absolutely wrong. I fold the seats up and throw gear and firewood in
    the back frequently, so they will be getting some abuse, but not much.
    I'll skip powdercoating if I get the impression it will chip and rust
    underneath, etc, as painting is easier to re-do in the distant future.

    Simon