Re: LRO: RE: Re: Series Fuel tanks

From: Mark Pilkington (mark@skywagons.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 12:01:55 EDT

    How come the insertion of gravel/glass/chains into my fuel tanks and the
    subsequent vigorous shaking does not break off the tube that sucks the fuel up
    and out of the tank. I assume that there is a tube hanging down inside the tank
    because I have a Chevy 327 V8 in the vehicle and the fuel pump is a "sucker"
    stuck to the side of the engine. Anyone have any experience with the internal
    construction of these Series tanks. Do I have to remove the sender guage float
    for example etc etc? All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all for the
    information you have supplied already on this subject. It is all of great
    interest.
    Kind regards,
    Mark Pilkington