LRO: Re: RE: Series Fuel tanks

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 10:20:05 EDT

    > not sure about the cleaner, but I hear this stuff works great at sealing
    and
    > prolonging the tank.
    >
    > http://www.por15.com/tankseal_fuelpreserve.html
    >
    > Been happy with their other products, maybe there's someone who's actually
    > used it on the list.
    >
    > Matt
    One of our local LROs has used it. But just did the job in the past week,
    so no longevity data yet.

    I used the sloshing compound available from JC Whitney on my tank, well it's
    been at least 16 months becasue I did it at the last house. The tank has
    been mounted on the vehicle with fuel in it for about a year now. No leaks.
    Now I also removed the shield, wire wheeled and sand blasted the tank, and
    painted the hell of it before welding the shield back on. When I pulled the
    tank, let it dry and then shook the dust out, I probably ended up with a
    styrofoam cup size pile of dust and small scale. With the runability
    problems I have been having I pulled the feed tube and nothing in the
    screen, nothing in the sediment bowl either. Also yanked the float and
    shone a light into the tank, looked clean still. I have filled the tank
    only 4 times so far, and the speedo wasn't working for a couple of weeks, so
    not sure how many miles I have driven.
    Anyway, thats my results so far.
    Pete