Re: LRO: 5 door soft top

From: RON WARD (ronward@synovustrust.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 14:13:03 EDT

    Bill Rice did it on his 109. Just unbolt and lift off the roof. You will still have the top of the "T" piece that runs up between the front and rear doors. He has a hoop set that goes in place of the hard top and it looks pretty good. He will argue otherwise (hates the look) but you could leave your door tops on and then you wouldn't really notice the T pillar piece. Neatest Land-Rover I ever saw was Bill's blasting down the highway with the top off, the hoop set off, no front doors and the windscreen down...

    >>> elvenwood@whro.net 04/08/01 09:19PM >>>
    Who did this? I believe it was someone in GA. It could be someone on the
    Mostly Metro list. There is a guy on the RN BBS that wants info on this
    mod. AND YES IT WILL STILL BE A LAND-ROVER FER CHRISTS SAKE. Even if they
    don't use an official genuine govmnt issue canvas top.

    Jim Wolf "had my 109 since 71" will do what I damn well want to do to
    it!!!!!!!